Thursday, May 8, 2008

Good Food Friday--does candy count as food?





I've been meaning to make some mints, but I want to get a cute little rubber mold first. My best friend growing up had a leaf-shaped mold. ( I know, I know, mold envy) You don't REALLY need a mold to make these though. I used to just roll them into little balls. I also use to use the fresh mint from the side of our house--I felt all woodsy that way :)
But, in case I don't get around to making them, here's the recipe!

Easy Mints

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cube margarine
one 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 tsp. mint flavoring
a few drops of food coloring (green, of course:)

Mix all ingredients. Cut in the margarine and cream cheese. Knead with hands (Not me, though--I'm all about using my Kitchen aid). Add more powdered sugar if needed (I usually did need it). Make small balls and press with fork. (nah, little shapes would be MUCH cuter, don't you think?) Chill and serve. (I could never wait for them to chill, so I always chilled them in the freezer until they got hard). I love mints!

I'm sure you chocolate lovers out there could somehow get chocolate into this recipe. Let me know if you have any good suggestions.

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

Candy is the most important food group!

Farm Girl said...

Drool. I never dreamed of making those little mint goodies.

Kristen said...

i have never tried to make candy before! it looks scary. i'm afraid to try!

i posted a recipe this week! yay for 4 ingredients!

corbeau said...

I was like "I can use candy? ROCK ON!!" and then I read that I would have to actually make it. :)

They look delicious.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space