Baked Manicotti
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 egg lightly beaten
1 3/4 cup cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
(I usually don't put in this much cheese--I just do what looks good and what I've got on hand at the time:)
12 manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed in cold water--it also works well (sometimes better) with those giant shell pasta things.
Preheat oven to 350. Spread 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of 13x9 in baking dish. Mix egg, cheeses until well blended. Spoon cheese mixture into large resealable bag. Using scissors, cut off a small hole from one of the bottom corners of the bag.
Fill manicotti shells one at a time, squeezing cheese mixture into both sides of each shell.
(OK, this is NOT as easy as it sounds. I usually end up using a spoon and breaking every single shell) Place manicotti over sauce in dish. Pour remaining 1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce over manicotti. Cover with foil.
Bake 40 min or until heated through.
Makes 6 servings. 2 manicotti each!
Now, for some pictures of our day "out of the office"

Chris' head was cut off, so I thought I'd do it over.
5 comments:
How fun to take a day off and go somewhere fun like that! I hope it banished the blahs. :)
Your weather looks great!! I'm so jealous...we're having tornadoes, thunder, & flooding (you know, SPRING!).
Happy Friday!
So much fun. How awesome that you can just go there for the day and not have to make a whole vacation out of it!
recipe looks delicious and out of the office day looked fun. Can I come to your next out of office day?
Ooops! Your halo is showing! I always knew you were an angel in disguise!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Days off with dad are the best.
Post a Comment