The other week, Elle got to go to Dreamworks with Chris for "take your child to work day"I helped he type up a little synopsis of her day so she could share her experience with her class:
First, I watched Dad work on the computer. He was looking at the girl from Monsters vs. Aliens to help them make her look better.
Then we had breakfast—I had a boiled egg and a biscuit. Dad had cereal.
Then we went into groups
There were 17 kids in my group ages 6-8. I was in group “Po”
They told us some Sound effects secrets:
Madagascar-- when they drink and spit out salt water—they really did spit apple juice!
Over the Hedge—in the kitchen, when things fell and broke—they really stood on a bench and dropped glass bottles of wine!
They let us be in one of the scenes and they filmed us saying “GO PO!” because they didn't have enough people. So, I might be in the movie!
I drew a few characters from Kung Fu Panda-- Po, Viper, Mantis, Tigress and Crane,
They showed us the Game Room and some kids were playing the X-box games with Kung Fu Panda characters in it.
We watched clips from the movies. Some of them you can see at the web site, but some are clips nobody has seen before.
Then we had pizza and ice cream for lunch and someone dressed as a big Po down by the lake—he couldn't move his arms!
They gave us a bag of stuff and a t-shirt.
Kung Fu Panda comes out June 6th!!
Web site: http://www.kungfupanda.com/

5 comments:
Yay Dreamworks! How fun. Can't wait for Ashlyn to be old enough to go.
I'm jealous, I never got to go to "take your kid to work day". Sounds like a fun day.
lucky! my kids are jealous. their dad doesn't do anything cool like that!
So fun, but now my kids want to know what they can look for Chris's name on again. :)
Wow, I bet bring-your-kid-to-work day would have been a lot like that if I had ever gone with my dad - you know how those clinical researchers like to put on show.
Post a Comment