Here's how Elle's last day in Primary went down:
We curled her hair after slathering it in gel, then fumigating it afterwards with hairspray.
(And just so you know, the curls fell out by the end of church. What is the secret?!)
She donned her fancy dress and to-die-for shoes
Everyone sang a happy birthday song.
(although, I can't even remember which one!)
(although, I can't even remember which one!)
The entire group of Young Women came in to get her. It is half the size it was before we split the ward. Elle will be Beehive #5, and #2 consistently active.
(you can see Chris in the back watching the festivities as well)
Then, the epic "Cutting of the Tie"
If they complete their Faith in God booklet, they get to choose one of the Bishop's spare ties to cut from his neck. It's a big deal. The kids think about how they will cut it the whole time they're in Primary. The last guy cut his initials in the Bishop's tie!
I thought it was kind of random until the RS president pointed out to me that it symbolizes the children "cutting the ties" with Primary.
Duh!
She did a zig-zag pattern
So fun!
She gets to keep the whole thing. She Said she's going to make it into a tithing keeper/pocket.
Everyone waved goodbye.
The first counselor (in the black dress and pink sweater) actually cried.
(I cried earlier)
And the Young Women's presidency escorted her down the hall to the YW's room!
*sniff*
My little baby's all grown up!
1 comments:
Oh my goodness! So cute. Wish she was in our YW. We need beehives and I'm quite sure she'll be an awesome one. Good luck Elle.
Post a Comment