Friday, October 11, 2013

What are little girl showers made of?

Here are all the ingredients for the Victorian-themed baby shower my friend and I did:

A pretty parasol borrowed from a friend


An amazing looking banner made by my co-hostess and her daughter.
(It has quotes about children from various authors from that time period.)

Uniquely designed (by Chris, of course) bookmarks with the same quotes

A cute Victorian-era picture found by my co-hostess--
 and tweaked to fit the frame by Chris. 
 (It was too tall so he spliced it on the computer. Oh, and he downloaded a bunch of fonts until he found the perfect one for the baby's name-- "Jane," obviously. 
Not to be confused with Jayne or Jain or Jaine or Yane)


A frilly table cloth ($7 Thank you, Ross Dress For Less TM)
I took a picture hours before the shower because I just knew I'd forget to take one later!


perfect little tartlets
(dough made by me, formed perfectly by Chris)
Yum!


A delicious cucumber-lime punch, cucumber sandwiches, pastries, fancy chocolate cookies, cheese and crackers with fruit, and plenty of flowers for decoration.
This was taken halfway through the shower while awkwardly standing in the middle of everyone.
(Now you know why I took one before, ya? ;)


The mother-to-be x2 (she has a little boy already) is in the striped shirt on the left.
I was not clever enough to get her picture face-on that night.
(I was too busy gabbing with all my friends)

My co-hostess and I were very pleased with how it all turned out!


Stay tuned for baby shower # 2 for a little boy!

(The Primary president asked me if this was my new calling--giving baby showers ;)
Ha!


1 comments:

Kate said...

goodness, I should have done more research when it came to naming Allyson Jane. Who knew the possibilities of Jane;)

But plain J-a-n-e is best!

Very cute, so many cute ideas.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space