I wanted to throw a shower for my friend (the one in the black shirt, obviously), but she said our other friend (the one in the red sweater) was already thinking about it
So, she and I brought our brains together to plan!
Thankfully, she knows more about showers than I do. We looked on some websites and decided on the theme of Baseball. (She said we needed a theme which is how I knew the girl shower needed a theme)
Chris thought this was the strangest thing ever. "It's a baby shower. Why are you doing a baseball party?"
I was all excited about the theme, but he made me doubt myself.
I talked to the mother-to-be at the girl shower I gave a couple weeks ago and told her, kind of apologetically, that we were going to do a baseball theme for her shower.
"What?!
I LOVE baseball! Did someone tell you that? My parents even turned our back yard into a baseball field! My whole family is passionate about baseball! That is so cool that you chose a baseball theme! Oh my gosh!"
Ha!
Vindicated
Since we had a theme, it was easy to think of food:
Homemade mini corn dogs.
I made them myself! (you can probably tell)
I watched a few how-to's on Youtube.
This was my absolute favorite video. I thought it was so funny I even had Chris watch it later.
(she's kind of raw so beware if you watch it)
Chris drew baseball lines on these styrofoam balls and I stuck the corn dogs in them
I was pretty excited that my cupcakes turned out nice and poofy!
I turned them into baseballs, and (the green stuff is supposed to be) grass
Chris made this "Concessions" sign
I found a little popcorn box template online so I could shrink it and put peanuts in, but the colors were off so I asked Chris why.
Boy oh Boy.
I had no idea what I started!
He somehow put the template into one of his professional software programs then changed the colors, the construction (so it was one whole piece to assemble instead of the original two), and made bigger tabs so it would be easier to fold!
Then, he downloaded a bunch fonts until he found one he liked for the "It's a Boy!"
I did all the folding and glueing, so I felt like I helped a little.
Then, thanks to Amazon, I bought some Cracker Jacks.
(Do you notice the theme here? Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. . .)
My co-hostess printed out labels for the water bottles
(Which we conveniently found online)
She also made baseball decorations by sewing string onto these balls
AND
She and her sister made cotton candy!
She had the brilliant idea of having a baseball as our "guest book"
She also made this banner out of baseball cards
(sorry it's so very fuzzy)
And I forgot to take a picture of the other banner that said
"Slugger"
It was cute too.
TA DA!
Now I just need to finish preparations for the fondu birthday party I'm hosting tomorrow!
:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment