We did have a lot of fun playing with the kids. It was nice because there was a schedule that they were used to and they did well following. Play, lesson (which, they actually did sit still and listen to), courtyard time with bubbles (It's so funny that we even HAVE a courtyard!), snack, singing time, then mom and dad came!
It went by really fast. We only had a couple criers today and no potty accidents.
Now for a couple Elleisms:
When I put Elle to bed, she said, "Mom, I've been wondering how eggs get in snakes." I didn't see that one coming. I told her they grow there. Thinking she was ready for the real stuff, I told her she was once an egg. "Hahahahaha! Did I peck my way out?! hahahahahaha!" I decided I could get off the hook this time and changed the subject.
We talked some more and we started talking about how Dr.'s can give you a shot to make you sleepy. (No, this was in no way related to the above subject lest you wonder) "How can a shot make you sleepy? Is it like Motrin?" I asked her if Motrin made HER sleepy. "No! Motrin makes you hungry and feel like running all over and jumping up and down!"
Hmm. I did not know that Motrin had such effects on her. I'll log THAT away.
Now for some Elle riddles. (I checked out some riddle and joke books to encourage her to read. It works.)
Where do you go if you want to be tall? Utah (U-tall)
Where do you go if you want to get salt? Salt Lake
Where do you go if you want turkey? Turkey!
Where do you go when you want to fill up your glass? Philippians (fill-up,um, ya.)
the end!
7 comments:
Funny!
I like the Motrin comment the best!
After reading your last few posts, I am convinced you are having way more fun this summer than I am.
It's true! :)
Haha...I love the eggs. :)
Ah, you almost got roped into the talk. What fun! Having curious children gets curiouser and curiouser...
Are all the nursery courtyards hanging out in southern California? My brother had one when they lived in S. Pasadena. And I'm jealous, that must be nice.
Oooh, we had the big talk with Emma a couple of months before I got pregnant (not on purpose). I'm not sure if she's made the connection yet.
I'm coming to you for advice, Lori!!
Post a Comment