On Saturday, we went to a museum because Elle said, "All I've wanted to do this summer is go to museums and we haven't gone to ANY!"So we went. The exhibits were cool, but the children's section was even cooler! Elle and Chris painted a picture together (which we forgot to pick up after it dried. whoops), and we plan to go back so Elle can 'construct' something.

It was our turn for a date, so Chris and I went out to eat and ate way too much Indian food then we went to DSW for me to try on crazy shoes. (see below) (Sorry, Elaina. I am a married woman after all. Just shield your eyes)
Then we went to the pier to check out crazy people. (see above) We had a goal to find 1. Some girl suffering from Saturday night fever (which, is, if you didn't know, someone who dresses like they don't realize how cold it will be on Saturday night near the beach) and 2. A pregnant belly that is exposed. We saw #1, but we didn't ever see #2. Maybe next time. We MORE than made up for it by seeing a fifty year old woman dancing with a baton (sorry, that picture is kind of dark and blurry). We also got to see lots of people trying to climb up the ladder. (no one could). And, we saw tons of cars in the beach parking lot (which we did NOT park in, thank goodness) Chris and I added to the crazy sighting by posing sillyily. And then, to top it off, Chris almost stepped on a black duck that was hanging out next to us!

It was our turn for a date, so Chris and I went out to eat and ate way too much Indian food then we went to DSW for me to try on crazy shoes. (see below) (Sorry, Elaina. I am a married woman after all. Just shield your eyes)
Then we went to the pier to check out crazy people. (see above) We had a goal to find 1. Some girl suffering from Saturday night fever (which, is, if you didn't know, someone who dresses like they don't realize how cold it will be on Saturday night near the beach) and 2. A pregnant belly that is exposed. We saw #1, but we didn't ever see #2. Maybe next time. We MORE than made up for it by seeing a fifty year old woman dancing with a baton (sorry, that picture is kind of dark and blurry). We also got to see lots of people trying to climb up the ladder. (no one could). And, we saw tons of cars in the beach parking lot (which we did NOT park in, thank goodness) Chris and I added to the crazy sighting by posing sillyily. And then, to top it off, Chris almost stepped on a black duck that was hanging out next to us!

If I had the foot strength, I would have bought the gold pair. I was at least six inches bigger!
After all THAT fun, we went to get Elle and had dessert with our friends! Thanks again, Kristen!
Oh ya, then when we all got home, we saw the craziest thing of all. As we walked up the stairs to go to our building, there was a guy just standing there holding the door open. "Um, thanks!" I told him, trying to be all cheerful. "I was just watching the opossum over there" he said, and pointed to where WE HAD JUST WALKED! Sure enough, there was an ugly baby R.O.U.S. (blegh!) The man told us he didn't want to scare us by mentioning it as we walked inches next to it. I thanked him profusely.

5 comments:
cute shoes.
creepy possum.
Uh, I never realized how unappealing an opossum looks. More like a big rat with its angry eyes on. Ew.
Your date sounds like it was fun, though. I should go out on date with Jake again.... I just hate finding babysitters. Even though I'm PAYING them, I always feel like I'm imposing and what if they mess up my kids?! I have babysitter issues....or maybe just control issues. :)
that thing looks disgusting. I would have screamed.
We found a nice couple (i.e. Kristen and Craig) to trade dates with, Tiffany, so it's free!
yuck!
Post a Comment