Sunday, July 27, 2008

A short post about Elle

The other day, Elle wanted some (what we call) Breakfast cake. I couldn't make it because I was busy doing dishes and killing ants in our kitchen. Instead, I told Elle the ingredients and measurements and she made it herself! It turned out scrumptious as you can see!









Elle and spent SIX hours in the car Thursday on our way to visit her cousin so they could get better acquainted before our family reunion. We drove 3 mph for about 4 hours. Traffic was TERRIBLE to say the least. Then I got lost. I cried. Elle cried. We were a mess. But we finally got there thanks to Lisa and Laura! We were welcomed with loving arms, yummy food, and much hospitality!
The girls had a great time. They spent most of their time together in the pool. *sigh* It's such a nice pool too! I enjoyed a coupe hours in it myself :)













When I put Elle to bed, I noticed the "sleeping bags" she had provided for her puppies. Too cute!






















Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

way to go elle! (and i loved the sleeping bags!)

Lisa said...

Breakfast cake all by herself? Wow, very impressive. Next time she'll probably be able to read the recipe herself.

Elle is so thoughtful, giving her puppies a proper bed, so sweet and loving :)

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got lost, I probably would have too. California is confusing. I definately would have cried!!

Breakfast cake is great. Good job Elle.

When we had ants, we put ant bait out and we would spend hours watching their little lines go in and out of the baits. Really grose, but very interesting.

Kristen said...

what a day! it's a good thing there was a pool at the end of it - otherwise you may never have recovered!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space