Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July Friday Food Day!


Fear not, dear readers. I haven't given up blogging. I'm just on vacation. You'll soon have more posts than you'll know what to do with!
I took time today to post a yummy recipe for the Fourth of July!
Homemade mint chip ice cream made with mini chocolate chips!
I, personally think I added WAY too many mini chips, even though some people might say there can never be too much chocolate.
(And, I didn't actually make this, my mom did, I just added the mini chocolate chips and turned off the ice cream maker off when it looked done. It made tons, so you'll want to half it)
Mint Chip Ice Cream with too many mini chips
2 Tbs knox gelatin
3 cups milk
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1- 3 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
6 eggs
5 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 quart half and half
1/2 qt whip cream
1 oz of peppermint extract (that would be the entire little bottle)
Green food coloring for effect
1 12 oz pkg. (or just half the bag to make it taste better)
1- Qintuplete bypass surgery

Mix all but 1/2 cup of the milk, half and half, whip cream, and eggs. Whip until blended. Heat the mixture on the stove to 140 for 3.5 minutes to kill the egg nastiness.
Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cool milk. Add this and pudding mix to the heated mixture. Add mint flavoring and food coloring. Refigerate until it's cool. Whisk it up again.
Pour into ice cream maker and add the mni chips about 5 minutes before it's done, or stir them in after. YUM!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Mmmm...sounds yummy. Reminds me of a really good fruity ice cream recipe I have from you. I NEED to make that!
I'm glad to know you are on vacation...I was missing you.
Also, I want to know if you painted your toes (OF COURSE you did...its the 4th of July). Take a picture. :)

Kate said...

there is nothing better than home made ice cream in the summer!!

Kristen said...

ahem.

"there can never be too much chocolate"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like alot of work. I think that a little chocolate goes a long way.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space