Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I hate this stinkin' city

This morning, I got all ready to bike with Elle on our tandem to swimming lessons. When we got downstairs to the garage where our bike was locked up, it was gone. Ya. The whole thing. Gone. I cried. I called Chris to see if he noticed if it was there when he left this morning. He said,"I dunno."
When Elle and I got back from swimming, we went out the side door and saw her tandem part lying by the gate. It's not a lot of use to us since the attachment part is still on my bike. *sigh*
There are cameras all around that area, so hopefully someone is captured on tape, but I can't get a hold of either the police or the building owners. I'm very sad. It was the first bike I have ever owned. I'll miss it.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

the lunch lady said...

bad bad people. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jeanne said...

That totally stinks!

Kate said...

when you find out who that dirty scoundrel is, I'll sick my lawyer on them.
People suck!

Lisa said...

What a horrible feeling, one feels violated when this happens. What a bummer. Don't hate your city, our apartment was broken into in Salt Lake, on another occasion all our brand new electronic equipment was stolen as well, from our moving van in SLC.

More bad news...Sorry to say, but don't hold your breath for a conviction or even getting your bike back. Kim got his car stolen from the Disneyland parking lot, (yes it's true) they had cameras, but nothing happened, called the police, the stole and used his phone, etc.

His car was found a couple weeks later on the side of the road totally stripped down. They stole all my Disney CD's, his tennis shoes, a spatula from William Sonoma for his Mom.

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.

Anonymous said...

People are so mean. I'm sorry your bike is gone. The picture of you two on them is so cute. Will your renters insurance pay? My auto insurance paid when my car was broken into. It happens everywhere.

Pikula's said...

Oh I am so terribly sorry. Derick and I's car was just stolen from our garage, and luckily (to give you some hope) it was just lived in by some homeless people and then was found by the CHP and we got it back. It had to be seriously cleaned but it was back none the less. We will hope and pray for the best for you guys. I do love the photo too, that looks like a lot of fun!

Karalenn Hippen said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry! I'm glad they do have cameras on your street. Can you buy another attachment to the tandem? That's really awful. I'm sorry.

Farm Girl said...

Boo! And that is why Derek and I will be sharing our small bedroom with two of our bikes. At least they are quiet.

Kristen said...

wow, lisa. pessimistic much? glass half empty? o ye of little faith?

sorry you had to deal with that shock/frustration/anger! someday soon we'll find that bike, and pull a Meg Cabot all over it! "operation steal-it-back".

heh heh heh.

hannah said...

on the bright side you now have at least one legitimate excuse not to exercise! :)

Amber said...

Awww. So so sad. The picture of you two on it is so totally cute. I hope you get it back!!!

And I love Hannah's comment. Ha. She's hilarious!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space