Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Food Day!

Elle and I made up this cookie recipe for the cookie contest we were having at the weekly ward BBQ. Elle named them "NanElle" cookies. I borrowed the basic ingredients from a couple recipes, then we decided what else to add and Elle decided how much to add.
They turned out pretty good, except we got to the BBQ too late for them to enter the contest! :(

NanElle cookies:
Preheat oven to 375*
Bake for 10-12 minutes

1/2 cup real butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
*** cream***
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 box of the 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (this was Elle's idea)
2 Tbs milk (also Elle's idea)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup coconut
3/4 pkg heath toffee bits (we ate 1/4 the package :)
1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! I give you a big, blue ribbon for making them up and making my mouth water!!

the lunch lady said...

looks yummy!

sdhales said...

Cute apron Elle. Did mom make it for you?

Nanette said...

I didn't make the apron, although we have a matching ones thanks to Grandma Harvey!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space