Thursday, September 13, 2007

Elleisms


I like to keep track of the funny things Elle says, so here are three of the latest "Elleisms"
1. I taught Elle about "half-past" the hour or "__:30." Later, she had some jell-o in a cup for a snack. She ate exactly half and said, "Look, Mom! It's half-past jell-o or jell-o thirty!" I guess she got the concept!
2. Elle showed me a cut on her toe and I said it looked like athlete's foot. When she asked what an athlete was, I explained that it was a person who plays sports. "Well, I did play handball Monday." she said.
3. I asked Elle if she wanted to do her bonus homework and she replied like Linguine, "Nopety, nopety nope." I couldn't stop laughing. She didn't even remember where she had heard the phrase. It was quite appropriate, though! ha!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I love to see the way Elle's mind works! Something about Elle's stance reminded me of another great philosopher - check it out on my blog.

Kate said...

how did Elle get to be so clever, i think it is all the stinky fish sandwiches she eats. Too bad I don't have a balcony, or else I would try those infamous sandwiches in hopes of being as clever as Elle.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space