Kristen said she would sew dresses for all the girls because she believes all girls should have the chance to look beautiful without paying a fortune. (she's so nice!)
A lady in the ward mentioned that she was a dancer so I asked if she'd be willing to teach a bunch of teenagers how to dance different dances from the 1800's. She said if I could find videos of people doing those dances then she could probably figure it out. She did. It was pretty impressive watching her instruct the kids.
I asked another woman in the ward (who always has her hair done all fancy) if she'd be willing to do Elle's hair for the ball.
I asked my friend Sara if we could use her ginormous backyard for the ball. (Actually Kristen asked her because I was afraid to impose)
With all the pieces set in place I began to plan and prepare!
side note: During the party one of Elle's non-member friends asked who made the dresses, did Elle's hair, taught the dances, and owned the home where the party was. When Elle told her it was people from church, the friend said "Does everyone in your church have a special talent?!" She also realized the she was one of two guests that was not LDS, but that's OK.
Thanks to my Silhouette I made props for the photo booth:
and cut shapes in paper bags for luminaries
and cut out pillow boxes for the party favors
It says "I survived Elle's 16th birthday ball" get it? Chocolate ball, gum ball. . .
Thankfully, Chris's parents happened to be in town to help. Mike took pictures and moved tables and chairs while Nola and Chris cooked everything. (Except the desserts. I did that--mini cheesecakes, mini pecan pie bites, and brownie bites)
Elle got her hair and makeup done:
She looked gorgeous and all grown up in the amazing dress Kristen made
Oh yeah, Kristen gathered all the guys too.
Don't they look like handsome gentlemen ready to dance with the ladies?!
They were so great!
Elle and Connor
Aw!
Kristen sewed a lot of the guys shirts, vests, and cravats too!
I tell ya, that woman is TALENTED!
Sara and Me!
This is the best picture of the food, unfortunately because I forgot to take one of everything all laid out :(
Croissant sandwiches, potato soup, mac and cheese, and veggies.
We borrowed lights from another friend and Chris strung them along the palm trees in back
We played reverse charades (it's like Head's Up) and Telestrations with animated movies as the subjects.
The woman in the hat taught them to dance.
She was awesome.
video:
It was so fun! It went just as well as I was hoping!
I think all the kids had a great time too.
I had so much help and couldn't have done it without everyone!
Elle loved it and that made it all worth it
:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment