Mormons are taking over Seattle!
No, not really, it just seems that way. The church has launched a campaign in a few areas of the country and now here in Seattle. There are ads on billboards, taxis, buses, TV, Hulu, YouTube, etc. that say “I’m a Mormon” and Mormon.org
Why?
Not to convert the entire city
not to promote the Mormons who are running for office
Because we want to educate people about who we are, clear up misconceptions, and show we are normal, everyday people. (they made reference to this in conference)
All of us in Washington have been asked to make our own profiles on Mormon.org. Not videos of us, just profiles. click “Our People” on the website.
Beware- you might get sucked in like I do and end up watching all the 2 min. videos about cool Mormons!
If you click on “Meet Mormons” under "Our People,”and type “Issaquah, Washington,” you can see some people from our ward.
You can also find me! Do you know how stressful it was to write that?! Especially knowing anyone in the world could read it. Scary!! Most likely though, only my faithful bloggers will find me ![]()
1 comments:
That campaign was launched here too! :). I haven't done my profile yet though (it is stressful!).
I'll have to go look you up.
Post a Comment