Monday, October 3, 2011

Interview with a Birthday Girl

 

 

IMG_2226

Me: So, Elle, tell us a little about yourself
Elle: Well, I’m a  lonely (only) child, I’m in 5th grade, I like bananas, it’s my birthday, and I’m a Mormon.
Me: What are some of your hobbies?
Elle: I like literature because I like write and read books.
Me: what are some of your favorite genres?
Elle: Mystery is my favorite.  I like adventure-fantasy too.
Me: What’s your favorite book?
Elle The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It’s been my favorite since I was little.  I like the beautiful pictures.
Me: You say you like to write books, also.  Are you currently working on anything?
Elle: Yes, I’m writing a story called “How to Catch a Kiss.”
Me: A kiss?
Elle (laughs) The ‘Kiss’ is a little nicknack my Grandma gave me.  It looks like a tan-colored Hershey’s Kiss.
Me: Oh!  OK.  Any other hobbies?
Elle: I like to play soccer.  My favorite positions are  mid-field and defense.  I also like to play piano.                         
Me:  What else do you like to do?
Elle: I like school, but not homework.
Me: What do you like about school?
Elle: I like to learn different things like the life-cycle of a salmon and how to un-square square numbers.  When I come home from school I’ll say, “Mom, guess what I learned today?!”
Me: That’s great!  Not every kid says they like school!
Elle: Ya.
Me: I’d like to find out some of your favorites.
Elle: OK


color: turquoise (but I can’t spell it)
breakfast: waffles or coffee cake
lunch: ham and cheese
dinner: macaroni and cheese
subject in school: social studies, science and literature
season: fall because there are so many holidays- My birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Columbus day. . .and who doesn’t like having birthday cake, candy and turkey? And who doesn’t like celebrating that the earth isn’t flat?
candy: Butterfingers and milky way
(primary) song: If the Savior Stood Beside Me
Me: thank you for talking with me today.  I hope you have a Happy Birthday!
Elle: Thank you, it’s been my pleasure :)

 

Nine years old:

IMG_2178IMG_2180

 

Ten year old!

IMG_2200

Elle got her first birthday gift this morning—new duvet (that she picked out herself), sheets, pillow cases and curtains!

 

and:

 

IMG_2182IMG_2183

IMG_2188

Yea!!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

awww, I wanted to see Chris all beard-y.

the new curtains and duvet brighten up her room so nice!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space