Saturday, September 27, 2008

Proposition 8

Today, I felt like Moroni.

And it came to pass that I took my cell phone, and I called registered voters for four hours in defense of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our [husbands and] wives, and our children.

It's a scary world out there when people confuse good and evil.

It wasn't nearly as bad calling as I thought it'd be. We all rejoiced together when someone not only didn't swear at us, but instead agreed to vote "yes" on Proposition 8 which states that Marriage is only between a man and woman.

It's pretty confusing because if you vote "yes" you are really voting no to same sex marriage and if you vote no you're voting yes to same sex marriage.

I tried to explain to Elle a little about what we would be doing today. (which then led to a short discussion on the birds and the bees that I wasn't counting on. . .)

Her answer reminded me of The Emperor's new clothes. "Well, only a man and a woman can have children! " duh. Only the innocent young child can see the obvious truth and isn't afraid to point it out. No wonder we are counseled to be more like them.










We also brought home this form to fill out and join others who have donated money to this worthy cause.
You can too, if you really want. If you use this form and mail it in, then the Church can keep track of members who donate. It doesn't even matter if you live in CA or not!


You can at least follow Moroni and pray mightily that the cause of the Christians (and the Jews and the Baptists and every other religion), and the freedom of the land might be favored.

VOTE YES ON 8!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

4 hours? Wow! You are like Moroni...and even better, you are very Christlike. Way to be brave!

Lori said...

Wow!! Way to go Nanette! Kudos for your commitment and righteous activism!

the lunch lady said...

Wow! You are so brave!!!! I don't know if I could have made myself do that.

you are my hero!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space