Friday, March 28, 2008

Good Food Friday



Since we usually watch a movie and have pizza on Fridays, I thought I'd post this simple pizza dough recipe. (Yes, sometimes we make our pizza instead of just ordering it)

1 Tbs yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup warm water
-------------------
2 3/4 cup flour (more if needed)
2 Tbs vegetable oil (Chris likes it with olive oil too)
3/4 tsp salt

Dissolve the yeast and sugar into the water. Combine the other ingredients in a bowl. Add the yeast mixture. Add flour if you need it for a nice soft dough. Knead everything for 5 minutes until it's nice and elastic. Let it rise for 10 minutes.
Spread into TWO pizza pans or one cookie sheet/jelly roll pan

For sauce, Chris says to water down tomato paste, but I just use a can of tomato sauce then add a TINY bit of garlic salt, oregano, basil, brown sugar, pepper and salt to taste.

Add your choice of cheese and toppings and then bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

Now for a nice (true)story to go along with the pizza recipe. I like the call it "The Miracle of the Pizza"
We once signed up to fee the elders and we decided to make pizza for them. They called and said they were currently in a three-some and would that still be fine. We said it would. Then, as we were making the pizza, the elders called again and said they'd cancel dinner if we wanted because they were on splits with another three-some so there would be six of them for dinner. Since this recipe is so easy, we decided we could whip up another pepperoni in no time. The elder I spoke with was very apologetic and everything, but we said it'd be fine.
I forgot to take into account how MUCH young 19 year old boys eat. I was pretty worried when they all started taking six slices each. But, to my amazement, we had plenty of pizza for everyone and we even had leftovers! A miracle, I say.
It was really cool to have six spiritually high boys in our home--we could feel the spirit radiating from their suits.
I'm not promising any miracles to you if you make this dough, but you never know!
Enjoy!

7 comments:

the lunch lady said...

the miracle of the loaves and pizzas . . .

Nanette said...

EXACTLY!We should have just supplemented the pizza WITH loaves. Next time. . .

Farm Girl said...

That's great! We usually get stood up when we sign up to have the elders over. I guess my reputation precedes me.

Jeanne said...

We had a loaves and fishes dinner with missionaries too!! Ours was stew and loaves or loaves and stew and we lived at Wymount.

Tell me, is that picture of your pizza or a random internet picture.

Nanette said...

random pizza, but it looks like the real thing,huh?

Amber said...

Yum. I'll have to try that recipe out. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

We are having the missionaries over next Tues. Maybe I'll make pizza. Great story!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space