Today's recipe is Chicken with parmesan, garlic and herb crust
makes 4.
1 garlic clove, peeled (duh--are there recipes that call for it un-peeled?)
1/4 cup fresh parsley (cilantro works nicely too)
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
2 TBS olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
black pepper
4 chicken breasts
4 tsp Dijon mustard(I usually use more than that)
Heat oven to 400. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Mince the garlic in a food processor, then add the parsley and pulse until combined (about 15 sec.). Add the bread, Parmesan, oil, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined. Arrange chicken in the baking dish. Spread with the mustard, then pat the crumbs on top.
Bake until cooked though, 20-25 min.
BAD food Friday
Our choir director made this deadly and easy caramel popcorn for us. I made it for New Year's Eve, but I used 1 batch of air popped pop corn.
1 bag microwave popcorn popped (or 1 batch of air popped)
1/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar
9 large marshmallows
Butter the sides of a bowl then add all the ingredients except popcorn. Microwave all ingredients for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 1 more minute. Pour in popcorn and stir it all up.
Yummy but deadly.
5 comments:
I can vouch for the chicken, it is tasty! I'll will have to try this naughty popcorn recipe.
Me too! Derek really liked this chicken - if you haven't tried it yet, you should.
mmmmmm! yummy popcorn!
Oh man, I think I'm doing this wrong. Is Good Food Friday supposed to be healthy? Or can it just be whatever?
Cause otherwise I'm going to have a WAY harder time trying to post stuff. :)
I'm a little fuzzy on the details myself. I think the point is for us all to get away from our regular meals and find some new interesting ones. Desserts are good too, though, right?
Post a Comment