I woke up at 4:30 am on Thursday and got to the hospital at 5:00. Then, I waited a bit and was escorted upstairs where I waited a bit more and then checked in. Then, I waited a half hour and they called me to pre-op. I donned my Semore Butts attire and answered more questions, and then my anesthesiologist came. The first thing he said was, "Where are you from?" Then, of course, "Are you Mormon?" he said he had a friend who was Mormon and so he's been looking into our Church. I set him straight about polygamy and the RLDS church and told him to go to Mormon.org. or lds.org.
Then, I got my IV about 6:30 and started to feel woosy. They wheeled me into the procedure room or whatever and told me to get on an uncomfortable table, which I did and promptly went to sleep.
I woke up in the room where patients wait to go home (I got to skip the recovery room :) No pain and no holes. So, I'll just let you think about how they inserted a stent into my urethra. Ya. SO glad I was under.
I just felt groggy and a little weak, but NOTHING compared to the last time I had this done! (yea! yea!). I watched Home Improvement until I got to go home at 10 am. They said just to take it easy and not to drive or bathe for a day.
Chris stayed with me until I told him to go have lunch. He went out with some friends while I napped.
I'm great now (besides a cold I have which has nothing to do with the "procedure")
It must have been all your prayers that made this so easy! So another big THANK YOU!! for you.
They'll do some blood work in 1 week to see if the stent is doing its job. If it is, it'll come out in 6 weeks. If not, we go back to square one.
That is probably WAY more than you ever wanted to know about the internal workings of Nanette.

6 comments:
hee hee. i found internal workings are always morbidly fascinating.
Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear everything went well.
hope that the next 6 weeks run perfectly and that it'll all be back to "normal" for you!
also, why is there a 'yes' on your leg?
So they would know which side my kidney was on. Truly.
Glad to know they are highly paid professionals that come up with this highly technical solutions. But I am glad everything went so well!
Post a Comment