So, for all my faithful readers out there, I just want you to know I'm having a "procedure" done on Thursday, October 25th. They're checking for scar tissue on my urethra since my kidney isn't draining well. If there is scar tissue, they'll put in another stent. (the same day, I think) My doctor scheduled it for Thursday morning since he'll be leaving on vacation Thursday afternoon.
Chris will be taking the day off for Elle and me.
Now the good things: a lot of little miracles happened today. One thing, our new insurance information wouldn't come until Nov. 1., so we've been paying cash and saving receipts. The Dr. office told me the surgery would cost $3,000 +. Chris said we'd just transfer money and get reimbursed. I was all stressed about that and when I got home from my appointment, lo and behold, our new cards were in the mail! I called them and they're billing today's appointment plus my surgery to our insurance. Yea! (BIG headache removed)
Another thing: I have to have a pre-op from my nephrologist. Well, I called and he couldn't do it, so they were scrambling at that office trying to get me in with another doctor. "how long have you known about this surgery?!" The receptionist asked me "About two minutes" I told her. Then, 20 minutes later, I called the office back and guess what? My doctor happened to have a cancellation and now he can see me for my pre-op!
Then: I'm so stressed, but I can't call anyone since I'm waiting for calls on both phones, so I turn on gmail and there is Kristen ready and willing to chat and comfort!
And: I'm so tired from all that stress and the little cold I have, I don't want to make dinner, so I look in the freezer and there is some chicken noodle soup I saved for just such a day! yea!
It hasn't been a fun day, but things have clicked into place for me even thought it seemed impossible that they could.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
wow. lots of little tender mercies. glad that things are falling into place - the last thing you need right now is more stress. be thinking about you. keep us posted.
hannah
Oh man, I'm glad everything worked out. I'll be thinking about you, and keeping you in my prayers.
Nan, you are a trooper. Hope things go better today, such as, i hope you find a great big piece of chocolate cake waiting to be eaten. good luck with the surgery. We are always thinking of you.
Thanks, everyone!!
Yes indeed your guardian angel is working overtime for you. I like the line from Sound of Music..."when God closes a door he opens a window"! More windows I hope.
Wish I could be there to hold your hand or rub your feet. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I love you Nanette!
I am so sad! We will have you in our prayers! I wish I could be closer to help! But thank goodness for things like good friends and frozen chicken noodle soup. It helps make things a little more bearable.
Good luck tomorrow! I hate that you have to go through all of this, but we will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.
Post a Comment