Sunday, October 11, 2015

Saturday "dress and hair". . . kind of

We went to the beach yesterday! I'm afraid I did not take any pictures of Chris --who was drawing--because Elle and I were building a sand castle village (more about that later) and then we all waded into the ocean.
Chris kept making us go out farther and farther and the waves kept getting bigger and bigger!
We stood together holding hands with Chris as our rock in the middle.  The waves came up to our waists and eventually to our chests! (at least mine, anyway, since I'm so short) The waves would totally push over, but we never went under, thank goodness. It was super fun!  It wa also kind of scary! (not to Chris though).


Here's what Elle decided about the village:
The king lives on a hill, surrounded by a moat in a nice castle with steps.  The village was quite peaceful until the king came along and ruined it all.  He said no one could have a house as nice as his so we had to lop off the steps and tops or sides of the other castles and make "hovels" out of them.  He is a ruthless dictator and overall a mean guy.  
(Just before we left, we all stomped on the village and annihilated the whole thing.  Take that King!)


Elle's legs got sucked into some quicksand:
Just kidding!  But she made it look like it!



Then on the way home, we stopped at a fruit stand which smelled so yummy and citrus-ey!
They had the biggest oranges I have ever seen!

It's hard to tell in the picture.




For her birthday, Elle got a stuffed elephant from her friend.  When I went to see if Elle was up for church this morning, I found her head surrounded by the elephant!
It's hard to see, unfortunately. I didn't want to wake her up when I took the picture.  Nothing worse than waking up to flashes in your face! But I just had to take it!  It was so funny!



1 comments:

Elle said...

I loved your post! thanks for saving our story of the sandcastle king <3

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space