We recently finished reading the Book of Mormon as a family and now we're back to 1 Nephi.
It turns out that you really CAN apply the scriptures to your situation.
We almost laughed out loud when we read
1 Nephi 2:4
And it came to pass that he departed into the wilderness. And he left his house ...and his precious things, and took nothing with him, save it were his family, and provisions...and departed into the wilderness.
You can go back a couple posts and see our car and the few provisions that we took with us.
And I'm pretty sure we can call this place the wilderness!
I have to admit I was right there with Sariah in chapter 5:2
...she also complained against my father telling him that he was a visionary man, saying: Behold, thou hast led us from the land of our inheritance...and we perish in the wilderness!
Then Chris said,
Vs. 4 ...but had [I] tarried at [pixar, I would have] perished with my brethren
I know that it will all work out for us too.
It's just kind of frustrating in the meantime
0 comments:
Post a Comment