Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eggs!

Chris has been watching a bunch of The Mind of a Chef with David Chang episodes on Netflix.  Elle and I enjoy them too.  I've been wanting to try out his nifty way of poaching eggs (even though I think poached eggs are disgusting)

I tried it myself as a surprise snack for Elle.
Here's what you do:
Crack an egg into some saran wrap (I put it in a fold top sandwich baggie) and tie it up.
Then suspend it in hot water until it's done.
I was all worried about it being undercooked so I cooked it a few minutes longer than I would normally cook a hard-boiled egg.

The result looked very cool


But, not only was it completely cooked, it was completely inedible.


Elle wanted to try doing it herself, so we cooked if for a lot less time.



The result was a perfectly (OK, maybe it was still a little overdone) poached egg! 


All yucky-gooey inside just like she likes it


2 comments:

Kate said...

ha! We just finished watching all the episodes. I will have to give the poached egg ala David Chang a try. I've also been interested in trying out some of his top roman creations - gnochi etc.

Nanette said...

or just plain . .

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space