Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday food day!

Tomorrow, we are going to visit our good friends from BYU-- Meggan and Cass Cook. We met at an international dinner at Church. Cass served his mission in Russia and introduced us to Pelmeni.
Elle especially likes it. She even helped me prepare it this time!

Pelmeni

Dough:
2-3 cups flour
1 egg
3/4 cup water
1/8 tsp. salt

Mix ingredients and add flour if needed to make a soft dough. Let it rest then roll out and cut into squares or circles.

Filing:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 Tbs butter
2-3 Tbs cream (I just throw in sour cream)
1/4- 1/2 cup onion
salt and pepper

Cook everything together.

Put a spoonful of the meat mixture in each square/ circle of dough. Pinch the sides together. (I use a fork).

*Since it makes a lot, I put the leftovers on a cookie sheet then freeze them. After they are frozen, I put them all in a bag.

To cook: boil in salted water until they rise to the surface.

Season with:
butter
sour cream
salt
pepper

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

Looks good! Do you have to listen to the theme song to Dr. Zhivago while you make and eat it?

Kristen said...

hey you never said anything about your visit! well I hope you guys have a good time - and drive safely.

Nanette said...

I've never seen Dr. Zhivago,so I sing the Volga Boat song instead! Yo ho heave ho!

Anonymous said...

what does it taste like. It looks like ravioli.

Jeanne said...

Not really related to the recipe, but I'd love to know how Cass and Meggan are doing :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space