Friday, February 22, 2008

Diagnosis & Friday recipe

And the diagnosis is. . .
Bladder infection. Ya. She has all the symptoms of influenza, but the mucus test (which involved a q-tip and Elle's nose) was negative. Her UA was positive, so now we have a big ol' bottle of pink liquid antibiotic.
I asked the pharmacist if the stuff would help flu-like symptoms and she said yes.

And now for the recipe.
Chris' sister said we should do Friday recipe day on our blogs, and I INVITE YOU ALL TO DO THE SAME!
It just so happens that I enhanced a cookie recipe today:

Peanut butter cookies (with some embellishments by me)
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Bake at 375 for 8-10 min. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cookie recipe and bladder infection...yum!

I hope Elle starts to feel better now. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they finally figured out what was wrong. If they had told you to bring her in earlier, she could already be better. Cheers for antibiotics!!

Nanette said...

I know! Stupid Dr.'s! Grr!

the lunch lady said...

I agree. Stupid Dr's. But I am glad she can finally start feeling better.

Kate said...

Yuck, a bladder infection, I'm glad the stupid drs left you hanging for so long. Maybe it's time to find a new one...

Kate said...

Yuck, a bladder infection, I'm glad the stupid drs left you hanging for so long. Maybe it's time to find a new one...

Amber said...

I agree. It's totally time to find a new doctor. You should be able to take her in any time you want. Especially since she had such a high fever. That's ridiculous. I'm glad they found out what was wrong though and amen to antibiotics. I know they are sometimes overused, but they are miracle workers.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space