
Here's a collage of our Christmas celebration this year.
Elle and I made snicker doodles for "Santa" to start the festivities. I even let her take them off the hot cookie sheet for the very first time.
We played winter BINGO and "Don't eat Santa." We read a couple Christmas stories then acted out the nativity with Elle starring as Mary, the angel and the star.
Then, we opened up the traditional one gift each and we all got pajamas.
Just like Elle said, she left only two cookies and a big carrot for Santa and his reindeer.
In the morning, Chris carried Elle into our room and made her keep her eyes closed. Then we went in to see the tree together.
I think the favorite gifts were Elle's bathtub for her doll, my digital picture frame and Chris' xbox. I was excited to give Chris a giant sketch book that I had made by cutting hundreds of sheets of old animation paper in half.
Elle was very excited to give Chris oil paints--red and green-- and some paper so he can paint a Christmas tree. She was very particular about which red and which green and which thickness of paper she wanted. It was so cute to shop with her!
Later, we had Christmas dinner with the Vandykes and the Thomsons at our place. It was very fun and very yummy.
After dinner, the guys played with Chris' xbox and we all ended up playing Tyler's game, "Guitar Hero" (I was by far the worst player--I guess there's just not a rock star buried inside me like everyone else who played:)
We had a fun and exhausting day.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:
craig has been playing Guitar Hero every night since. He's gotten rather good....
What's Don't Eat Santa? Some of my friends at the lab have Rock Band. That way you can be the drummer or singer if you can't beat the guitar. I can totally see you as a frontman.
Post a Comment