So, I take my little magazine to "Sheer Delights." It was my first time there. I was surrounded by old ladies getting their hair dyed. I did not heed the warning sign.
They said they'd cut my hair for $30.
I brought in this picture:
I just want to look like a movie star, is that too much to ask? I mean really!The lady did in fact cut my hair with some layers. It looked really cute when it was wet. THEN she asked if I wanted it blow dried. I said yes. (stupid, stupid, stupid). It cost an extra $20 apparently. And when I was done, I was a mushroom head!
Yes! She styled my hair like a mushroom! And then she asked, "Do you like it?" I said yes. (I always say yes. I totally lie). I sure didn't want her to try to make it better! I just said yes hoping she'd let me out of there.She made some comment about how now I have lots of volume! Yippee. All I need. More volume. As a mushroom head.
I'm sorry to say that I did not think of my faithful blog readers, and I didn't get a picture of me as a mushroom.
Don't worry, my hair looks fine now. You can't even tell I was a mushroom yesterday! You can't even really tell I had my haircut. Maybe I'll post a picture when I can figure out how to make it look like Hayden's. :)
9 comments:
oh man! i can't believe you didn't take a picture! WAIT - i SAW you on saturday night! You didn't look like a mushroom head! -
there WAS something different though, wasn't there?
dang. I am a horrible friend!!!
*sob!*
Thats the worst! The last time I wanted to make a change on my hair I asked for a "body wave" so I could get those big pretty celebrity curls...I had been growing my hair long for awhile....yeah...well I ended up with thousands of horribly tight spiral curls tight to my head. And of course, I looked in the mirror and told her how much I loved it. I came home and Rob said, "Oh my, what happened. Thats really not what I expected." Of course. I broke down into tears. IT WAS HORRIBLE! Two bottles of straightener, way over damaged hair and a way short haircut later I was free of that HORRIBLE perm! Sigh.
Google: "Assertiveness Training"
with that being said, i would recommend ALWAYS being aware of who else is in the salon with you. if it is empty or full of old ladies: RUN.
at least hair grows and you can always try again. and now I can comment on it when I see you this week and be the good friend (although odds are i will probably forget since i am terrible at noticing these kinds of things, and then i will be an even worse friend than kristen because i knew and STILL didn't notice. :)
Oh I am so sorry! I do wish you had taken a picture though. I always lie too, though.
You have scared me away...just the other day I was telling Jared that I thought I'd go and get my hair cut just for a change. Maybe not.
Oh no Nan. I would have loved to see mushroom hair. Why don't you restyle it that way and take a pic? Doesn't that sound fun? :) hahaha
Picture, picture, picture, I want a picture!!!
I'm with everyone else, let's see a picture.
Here is a another tip: If you ever sit down to get your hair cut and the woman asks you if you have ever considered permanent makeup (when you clearly aren't wearing ANY makeup) and then continues to extoll the wonders of permanent makeup - Did you know you can go swimming and come out and still have on eyeliner and lipstick? - then run. Worst haircut ever. It was my one and only out of body experience.
I honestly tried to recreate the mushroom style myself, but my arms are just too darn short I guess. You know, she pulled my hair WAY out from my head and then used a round brush with fervor.
I love all the hair comments! Keep them coming!
Where's the pictures! Hind sight is always 20/20. Aaron painted Kelsey's head with Desitin when she was three days old, it was an inch thick and I was so mad and sleep deprived I didn't take a picture. I'm still so mad I didn't.
Post a Comment