Elle gave a talk today!!
Hi, I’m Elle. . . I was asked to speak on honesty and integrity. In True to the Faith under honesty, it says “To be honest means to be sincere, truthful, and without deceit at all times.” Some people may think that honesty is unimportant and they rationalize cheating, stealing or lying. However, The for the strength of youth pamphlet states that: “When you are honest in every way, you are able to enjoy peace of mind and maintain self-respect. You build strength of character, which allows you to be of service to God and others.” Choosing to be honest is always the best choice, it blesses you and others. Honesty helps us build trust and character. Integrity and honesty are very close in meaning.
The For the Strength of youth pamphlet defines integrity as “thinking and doing what is right at all times, no matter what the consequences.” Integrity not only means doing right when others are watching, but even when we are alone. When we are honest all the time, to ourselves, to others and to God, we will be blessed. One of the greatest blessings that comes with being honest is having the companionship of the holy ghost
In my english class last year, each week, we were assigned a story or two to read that we might be tested on. Some people decided not read the stories and they got all the answers from friends in previous classes. I decided that I would read the selected stories and if I forgot to read them, I would accept the poor grade on the quiz. This choice to be honest by not cheating made me happier with myself and I knew that I could feel good about my grade, even if it was lower. I know that choosing to use our integrity will make us happy and as it says in Proverbs 12 “they that deal truly are his delight.” I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment