Last weekend I was helping with an emergency dejunking of a neighbor's house.
I was taking load after load of trash out to the dumpster behind the house. It was kind of hot and I was kind of tired and the bags were getting heavy.
But the junk kept on coming and so I kept on taking it out.
Then, as I was taking a particularly large and lumpy bag out, I heard:
You're wonderful!
It took half a second before I realized it was coming from the bag. But that didn't diminish the good feeling I had inside knowing that at least the toys in the bag thought I was a good person. Then came
Will you be my friend?
That wasn't quite as flattering.
I continued on my path to the dumpster and the bag kept validating me and asking to be my friend
I felt kind of guilty leaving the thing there, but I did it anyway.
The bag is still there being cheerful and lonely forever*
*until trash day, of course

0 comments:
Post a Comment