The other day, I happened to look out the back door and to my surprise, I saw two bucks checking out our plants on the porch!
It freaked me out a little, but not too much since I saw a couple bucks eating the strawberries on our porch a few months back.
I was trying to decide if I should take a picture or shoo them away.
I decided our plants were more important than a KodacTM moment.
I opened the door to scare them away (which worked last time), but instead of bolting, they just moseyed over a few feet.)
It was kind of insulting. I made a move like I was walking toward them (all the while being rooted to the doorway), and they just glanced up at me like,
"Ya?"
(I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying in the above picture)
We have a bucket of little rocks (like gum ball size) so I picked one up and threw it in their general direction.
Again, their response was:
"Really?"
So I closed the door and took pictures.
They immediately came closer so I opened the door really fast. HA!
One of them scampered up the hill, then stopped to nibble on a tree.
The other one said "Oh. You still? Fine. I'll move" and he sauntered up to join his friend.
Then, it came back and ate all the leaves off our delicate little raspberry plant!
I'm thinking that they could sense that I was no alpha male.
I bet if Chris had just looked at them they would have run off!
But now for some fun stuff:
Elle's friend came over and we made some cute/ yummy cupcakes
Elle said she was ready for some exercise after all that sugar so we went on a little bike ride.
We had to stop for a geese crossing.
Elle was disappointed that it wasn't goats.
The day before, she had gone on this path by herself and there were goats everywhere. I'll have to write that story in a whole separate post!
We have also been watering our friend's garden plot when we water ours. They have a bunch of peas so we eat one or two as "friend tax." My friend was thanking us for watering for her and I told her about the friend tax. I said, "We take a pea each time we water." Then I was like, "Wait, that didn't sound good." ;)
Since there is more sun, I'm sure there will be more fun to come!
Stay tuned!
0 comments:
Post a Comment