Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Elle!

Today Elle is 11!

She wants "double digit" to be the theme for the day.  She says 10 isn't a double digit, 11 is because there are double 1's.

It was really hard coming up with "double" ideas.  Thank you to everyone who helped me think!
Here are a few "double" things we did this morning.

I put Double-mint gum in her backpack
I set out two plates, cups, forks, knives and napkins at breakfast. (she had a fried egg on toast with syrup)
Chris and I each said "Good morning" twice and sang "Happy Birthday" twice.
I gave her two hugs an two kisses.
When she opened her bedroom door, she came through 11 balloons hanging from the top and two 1's on her door cut from wrapping paper.
I wrote "Are you seeing double? Happy Birthday!  Happy Birthday!" on her bathroom mirror and set out two headbands, two hairbrushes, two soap dispensers, two toothbrushes and two tubes of toothpaste. (she conveniently already had two bottles of lotion out)
We put up two birthday signs.
I put another backpack next to hers so there would be double.
In her lunch, I put in double of all the food she requested: (small) Double salami sandwiches, pears, and snickerdoodle cookies.  I also put two birthday cards in--one signed by me and the other by Chris.

More fun to come after school!







1 comments:

the lunch lady said...

you are so awesome!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLE!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLE!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space