Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Marked Woman

 

Have you ever been to the store,  gone home, then realized you forgot to get something ?

(Or, maybe you just like to shop at the same place a lot. . .)

Well,  I was at Costco the other day and this very same thing happened to me.  I had to go back two days later to pick up whatever it was that I forgot.

As I was going through the mark-off-your-receipt line, the guy who marked my receipt was like, “Do you  come in  here every day?!”  Which was kind of creepy since I don’t remember ever seeing this guy before.  So I  gave some non-committal mumble and moved on. 

I could not for the life of me figure out why this guy said that!  How would he even recognize me anyway?!

Then I remembered-- I’m a marked woman now. 

 

Today, I went to Old Navy while Elle was at school in search of cute matching Easter dresses for her and me.   We  looked during spring break with  no success.  I wandered all around the store and picked up a bunch of things knowing in the back of my mind that I’d probably take it all back.

Well, anyway, when I went to check out the guy said, “Didn’t I see you in here the other day?”  Again, I was like “Weird!  That’s the second time that hap—oh ya, my scars.”

So, alas, I can never commit any crimes because I’m totally recognizable now! (darn!)

 

scar face

4 comments:

hannah said...

if it makes you feel better, the same thing happens to Tyler all the time. :)

Kristen said...

haha! at least you aren't bald, nan! :) however, I do not understand this recognizability - I have seen recent photos and your scars are barely noticeable! did you use photoshop??!

Jeanne said...

Come live in our small town. Everyone knows everything you do. It was so strange at first, but you get used to it.

Anonymous said...

Well, you better not take all the stuff back. They will start to recognize you as the woman who returns everything you buy:)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space