Friday, April 1, 2011

The Big Reveal

Since it is such a beautiful spring day outside, I thought I'd finally post a picture of my post-op face. I think I look pretty good! The Dr. assures me I'll continue to improve, and you won't even notice the two giant jagged scars across my nose and cheek!

 

IMG_0626

But today is April 1st, of course, and I really shine on this day :)

 

So far, I've turned Elle's toilet water purple, and hidden a dollar bill in the TP she used this morning. She, in turn, left TP messages in all the toilets. Two of them had pictures of Winnie- the pooh (so she tells me) and notes that said, "looking for poo?" Gross. I know. She takes after her father. In her own toilet, she put this:

IMG_0870

I also used safety pins to string together 4 pairs of Elle's underwear. When she took a pair to wear today, she pulled three more pairs out of the drawer along with it! She, in turn, used those same safety pins to do the same thing to my socks :) She kept asking, "Don't you need to put some socks on, Mom?"

Also, she put a raisin in our toothpaste to look like a little bug (which she does every year) It was too far down to come out when I used the toothpaste, so Chris got it (also like he does every year).

He pretended not to notice while we listened to Elle asking us over and over if we had brushed our teeth yet, and did we see anything in the toothpaste. Chris never does April Fool's Day tricks, so while Elle was on the verge of having a melt-down over her trick-gone-wrong, Chris said, "April Fool's! I did see it, but I fooled you into thinking I didn't!" Then all was well. Disaster averted.

 

Another trick of mine was to put a dab of blue food coloring in the bottom of Chris' cereal bowl. I was so sweet to fill it with cereal for him 'casue I'm a nice wife like that. Always so helpful!

When he poured his milk in, the milk started to turn green :) (Every year he tells me not to color ALL of the milk a crazy color because that's just gross for the rest of the week)

We all thought it was so strange that the blue food coloring turned green, so we decided to experiment with mine and Elle's cereal. My blue dye turned blue-green and Elle's green food coloring was a light green. We figured Great Grains is more yellow that Frosted mini-wheats Anyway. . .

More tricks:

I opened two bags of chips for Chris' lunch and exchanged the Doritos for Fritos! I used double sided tape to close it up again. Chris sent me an email titled, "And I was like 'WHAT?!'" and the picture he took:

April Fool's on Chris 2011

AND For Elle's snack at school (I couldn't do her whole lunch since they're having a pizza party), I used a marker cap to make holes in her apple slices, then stuck gummy worms through them.

(I did this for Chris too. I guess he wasn't as impressed because he didn't send an email let alone a picture)

AND I just made some clear jell-o to pose as Sprite-zero (love it!) for dinner tonight. I'm not sure who will get that yet.

Oh ya-- I also covered a book for Chris to read on the bus with another book's cover :) I think that's all I did. Not bad for one day >:)

Elle and I went grocery shopping yesterday so she could pick up ingredients for a secret April Fool's day cupcake she got out of her cupcake book. I can hardly wait! (like Mother like daughter) :)

Our rule is we can only do silly and nice tricks on April Fool's day. No Kool-aid in the shower head or plastic wrap on the toilet seat ( as my brother would do to my Mom)

I hope you have a happy Day too!

PS It's not really a nice sunny spring day (although I wish it was true!) April Fool's!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

that chip gag was pure genius! you are my April Fool's idol!

Amber said...

You're hilarious! Cool/fun tricks. Your post op pix is blurry though. Post another one. You are of course beautiful, even blurry, but still. :-)

Nanette said...

It's blurry on purpose ;)
(and it's actually a pre-op pic)

Amber said...

Oh...was that part of your aprils fools joke and I didn't get it? Probably. Haha...

Anonymous said...

My kids would be in heaven at your house. I don't do anything and they always want me to. I can never think of anything and if I do, I'm to tired to do the follow through. What fun you guys had!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space