So, I was walking to pick up Elle from school today, when I saw something questionable on the sidewalk.
I don't usually walk on that side of the street, but it was in the sun, so I had to take advantage of every drop of Vit. D I could get.
"I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look" I told myself.
And I didn't.
Then, since it was such a beautiful sunny day, Elle and I walked home on that side too.
I had forgotten all about the "whatever-it-was" on the sidewalk.
We had to look.
This is what we saw:

No, it's not roadkill. It's meat. With the bone in.
Luckily, I had Chris' hand-me-down phone, so I could take a picture.
I don't usually walk on that side of the street, but it was in the sun, so I had to take advantage of every drop of Vit. D I could get.
"I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look" I told myself.
And I didn't.
Then, since it was such a beautiful sunny day, Elle and I walked home on that side too.
I had forgotten all about the "whatever-it-was" on the sidewalk.
We had to look.
This is what we saw:

No, it's not roadkill. It's meat. With the bone in.
Luckily, I had Chris' hand-me-down phone, so I could take a picture.

While we were staring and taking pictures, some people stopped to check it out too.
"What is that?!"
"I think it's chicken" I said.
Then one man said authoritatively , "No, it's meat. And it's been browned"
"And seasoned" another lady observed."
(you can see the little peppercorns if you look closely)
"The bears are going to love that tonight" someone else said.
We all just left it there and walked away.
All the way home, Elle and I came up with a story behind the meat on the sidewalk.
Here's what we came up with:
A woman was having a very bad day.
She was cooking the meat and had just browned and seasoned it when something tipped her over the edge.
She snapped.
She grabbed the piece of meat right off the pan mid-sizzle and started stomping around the house.
The door was wide open since it was so nice out, but she didn't even think about the weather as she hurled the meat outside and
*SPLAT*
it landed right on the sidewalk.
And there it lay.
Now, what's your story?
ps Elle is holding a "microphone" that she made herself. I don't think she meant it too look like a chicken leg, but it's kind of funny that it does ;)
pps Here's Chris's two cents-- Don't worry, Elle didn't touch it, so she doesn't have "the meat touch." But Nanette did, so you'd better watch out when she comes near you.

3 comments:
So, someone was walking down the street with their sandwich and the meat fell out, and landed with a splat on the sidewalk. It was very unfortunate.
it was a maned wolf (look it up, they're super cute!) wandering around puzzled at his unfamiliar surroundings. "this is the wrong forest! where is the rain forest?! I'm so hungry!" and it followed it's nose to the house of a frazzled mother of 4, no 7! who had left her meat sitting next to the barbeque while she ran inside to scold her two middle boys for flinging jam (you know, because barbeque is the cooking method of choice in February in Seattle).
the wolf snatched a piece of meat from the barbeque and slunk away, only to reject it a half block later when he realized that north americans don't use the proper seasonings on their meat.
he headed toward the fish market instead, hoping that somebody had fresh caught pirhanna.
Love it!!
Post a Comment