Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quilt update and Elleisms


We decided to step back and practice sewing by making bean bags out of the extra fabric.
Elle pinned the squares then sewed then. . .


Had the fun of turning the darn thing


Inside out.
We stuffed it with rice. Then. . .


I taught her how to stitch up the side.
She did NOT like that part at ALL!
So, for the next bag, she just used the sewing machine.
Elleisms:
We were listening to music while we worked. I changed CD's and Elle noticed.
"You're very observant!" I told her.
"Aren't I my father's daughter?!"
She started to work on another bag right away.
I thought to myself, "If Chris were here, he'd say,
'Let's time her to see how long it takes to do one bag.' "
The next thing I knew, Elle said,
"Time me, Mom!"
I did.
20 min. per bag!
I had to go upstairs to do something, and when I came back down,
Elle had finished a whole bag by herself!
"You're amazing!" I told her.
"Of course I'm amazing." She told me, "I'm your daughter!"


She ended up making SEVEN bean bags!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow, what a talented girl--just like both of her parents! That'll be fun to play with the bean bags. I'm excited for the quilt pics.

the lunch lady said...

she is amazing -- truly a product of her mother and father!

Nanette said...

AW,you are so nice!

Lori said...

Wow, wow, and wow! That's super impressive. The Elleisms cracked me up as well!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space