Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilt patterns

Chris spent about an hour one night making this nifty little program for us, so we could see all the different possibilities of quilt patterns.
(It's pretty handy having a talented programmer around :)
He's thinking about making a program for the G1 phone,
but he's not sure how many quilters out there own a G1.

The first is a randomly generated pattern.
Not so good.







Next, we have an interesting pattern, but as you can see, it doesn't quite match up there in the middle.
This can be reprogrammed to make a diamond shape or something like that.
He also suggested that we could make a big "E" with the purple floral pattern.
All too complicated.













Finally, we have a repeating abcde pattern.
This is the one we're going with.
Simple, yet appealing. :)
















In other news, I bought Elle a raincoat.
I thought it was high time she have one.
When she saw it, she hugged it and said,
"You didn't?!!!!"
It was v satisfying. :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kate said...

She needs some rain boots too. I think that was the best purchase I've ever made, especially when I have to run to catch the bus through giant puddles!

the lunch lady said...

I like pattern three the best too.

and I'm sure a rain coat is a necessity in your new locale!

Jeanne said...

Wow! You two have been busy with all of the jam, bean bag, quilt makin'! It all looks good. :)

Nanette said...

Don't worry!
Elle has boots already :)

Kristen said...

i haven't checked your blog in WAY too long! Now it's time for YOU to get a raincoat!

Lisa said...

Love the whole quilt idea and that Elle is making it and the documentoary nature of the quilt. You'll havae to give it a name.

Also, in my opinion anyway, Kim thinks he can solve any problem with a computer program. Sounds familiar :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space