Thursday, January 15, 2009

Settling. . .finally!

You may have gathered from my lack of posting that our furniture finally arrived! Yes!
However, it was pretty crazy before that!

Friday--the movers are supposed to call and tell us when they are coming. They never do.
Friday night--Elle complains about a sore tummy after Pizza night. We tell her it's just gas and to go to bed.
Saturday 4 am--Elle wakes up complaining again, so I hold her in my arms.
She barfs all over both of us. She does this again three more times. Twice in plastic grocery bags. Once in a bucket. Chris is grossed out by the "barf bags" but disposes of them for me anyway.
Saturday morning-- We track the movers via the internet and see that they are about 5 hours away. Maybe they'll come Today!
Saturday afternoon--Elle starts to feel better and doesn't barf anymore. Our stuff is still 5 hours away
Saturday night 8pm--The tracker says our stuff is only 20 miles away, so Chris goes to the house to wait for them just in case.
On the way, Chris runs over a piece of metal and gets a flat on the Mini. (Did I mention it's raining?) He tries to use the spare, but it's stuck. His uncle and cousin come with a ratchet set, but have no luck. He leaves the mini in a Blockbuster parking lot and gets a lift to the house with his cousin.
Saturday night 10:30pm--Chris decides the movers aren't coming after all, and comes back to his uncle's in our other car.
Sunday morning--Elle feels a little sluggish, so I stay home from church with her. Chris gets in the car to go to the house and I notice there is a flat on my car too. He pumps it up with a bicycle pump and goes on his way.
Sunday 10:30am--Just as Chris pulls up to the house, the movers are leaving a note on the door. "Mrs. Harvey Movers was here." They parallel park the semi-truck and start unloading. Yea!!
Sunday--ALL DAY--Two movers unload everything and Chris sets up beds and the table.
Sunday night--we have one more dinner with Chris' uncle and aunt, then head to our NEW HOME!

WHEW!

Chris' mom is here helping me unpack, shop, and decorate! Thank goodness! She's been SO helpful! We only have a handful of boxes left!

Elle's first day at school was FANTASTIC!!! Her teacher is nice and young. She emailed me:

We are a green school so we don’t send to much stuff home with the kids. I email out a newsletter every other week with important information and where to find stuff.

Hope this helps and is not too overwhelming.

Elle is a very sweet girl. She seemed to get right into the swing of things yesterday. She was even raising her hand to answer questions.

All the kids wanted to sit by Elle at lunch and play with her at recess. She has lots of friends already, but she can't remember all their names ;)

I'm volunteering in the school library tomorrow and again in the class on the 23rd! :)

The sun was our for three hours yesterday! It was beautiful!

That's all for now!

I'll post pictures some time. . .

13 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad things are getting better. And who doesn't love having a house with a washer and dryer. I'm mucho jealous!

the lunch lady said...

hurray! I'm glad things are finally going smoothly. I can't wait to see pictures!

Jeanne said...

Whew! You must be....exhausted. I'm glad you have help. Ditto lunch lady, pictures will be fun to see.

Lori said...

Oh, puking. My worst nemesis. I've been fortunate to avoid a direct hit though (so far). Glad to hear Elle is having a great time at school and good luck continuing to get all settled.

hannah said...

Ack! What a moving story! Someday you will look back and laugh and all that. I'll give you a ring when I get to LA from UT. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the puke, I'd rather my kids have pnemonia(can't spell it). I know I'm mean, but I can't handle the puke well. Good luck unpacking and decorating. When are you planning a trip to Utah?

Nanette said...

I need to plan trips to both Utah and California!

Kristen said...

three hours of sun! and to think it's been miserable and 83 degrees here all week...

you lucky dog. ;)

Kristina L said...

As they say, trouble comes in threes. I am glad things are looking up finally and you have a new house to play with.

Did you see the pictures I posted. Here is one of Elle

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3329/3184424398_6e5bf28ca0.jpg

Amber said...

I'm so excited for you that you are finally in your house! And it doesn't look like you've wasted any time signing up to volunteer at Elle's school. I bet you are a teacher's dream come true.

tiff said...

Wow-eventful! I'm so glad your stuff finally made it and you officially officially have a house!

And I'm jealous you have a green school! We still live in the land of the photocopies....sometimes for no good reason.

corbeau said...

I'm glad you're all settled! I'm sorry for Elle, puking is the worst.

man named JED said...

You do know that it will rain without approval from the town council in Seattle? This is a bit different from LA, but you'll just have to adjust.
Jared Diariamente

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space