Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Answers


Just in case you've asked, "What does Nanette DO all day?"
I'm here to tell you. At least what I've been up to for the past week (and I'm not done yet).
First, I'm collecting food for the food bank.
I take a cart (see above photo) around to each and every class at school (There are, I think, 33),
and gather multiple bags of food from each one.
Then, I wheel the cart to the hall and inventory every single (sometime literally) stinking item so that each class gets credit for every item of food they brought in. This was NOT my idea, but I have to do it because we're having a contest between the classes.


I have a separate box for each item, except the "extras" that aren't on the list we sent out, but people gave us anyway.
(Those items are in the three giant boxes at the right)


THEN, I have to put one of each item in a box for a complete Thanksgiving meal.
The white boxes are the complete meals.
The food on the blue cart is expired food. (That's why it is literally stinking food sometimes)
The oldest thing I've seen was from 2006. ew.
I'm getting a fabulous work out walking all around campus, then lifting heavy cans of food, then doing tons of lunges as I bend down to put the food in boxes. Plus, I don't have time to snack!
My thighs are going to look great when I'm done !:)

As if that didn't keep my busy enough, I also have to do Book Fair before and after school and a couple nights and during lunch :)
That's our snake wound up in the book rounder. I did the Christmas display all by myself! :)
Chris made the awesome giraffe outside the door. (Thanks again, sweety!)
AND. . .
I'm supposed to make multiple kinds of cookies to thank all the parent volunteers who help out at Book Fair.
So, that's what I've been up to lately, and why I haven't posted.
Drink up this one while you can because, like I said, it's not over yet!!




Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lori said...

Holy cow, woman!! Who is making you cookies? I hope Elle's school realizes how lucky it is.

Nanette said...

Actually, most people (like the principal) don't even know my name :)

Jeanne said...

Ok so I was going to say exactly what Lori said! And 33 classes??! Whew! I'm tellin' ya...you've got to come out here: each school only has 2 of each class and once they hit 21 kids in the class they just won't sign anyone else up.
Wow! I still can't believe 33 classes.

You need cookies (and peppermint ice cream-it's at the stores now, you know).

Nanette said...

Chris bought me some peppermint ice cream a couple weeks ago ;)
And I'm eating PLENTY of the cookies I'm making! :O

the lunch lady said...

you make me tired.

and ashamed.

i need lessons in being an achiever.

will you teach me in your spare time?

Kristen said...

i'm with lunch lady. I'm tired just looking at all you do! I guess it's good for you to keep busy while the "cat is away" and all that - but good grief!

I hope seattle is more restful for you... :)

Nanette said...

ME TOO!!!!

Amber said...

WOW! I think that is awesome. Elle is one lucky girl to have you for a mom. I wish I could be up at Ashlyn's school that much and helping out.

That does stink that the principal doesn't know your name. He/She really should try harder.

hannah said...

you really should be getting paid. or at least get some kind of special award or something. :)

tiff said...

So, you're not too busy lately, huh? Just kidding, you are amazing, girl!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space