Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wisdom from Elle


It's been a while since I've posted Elleims.
Here are a few.
#1. Kate and Bill came to visit this summer as you know.
You may not know that after they left Elle told me some interesting information about them.
She said, " I can tell which side of the bed Katie slept on. I know her scent--I picked it up. It smells like, ya know, Utah. But I haven't picked up Bill's scent. So Katie was on the right and Bill was on the Left."
uh. huh.


#2. I ate a cookie and Elle caught me in the act. I told her "It was calling me."
Later, I saw her leaning her ear towards the plate of cookies on the table.
Listening.



#3. Yesterday was the kick off for Red Ribbon Week (say "No" to drugs). In class, they talked about saying "No" and the harmful effect of drugs and alcohol.
For homework, Elle had to write a paragraph about saying "No" to drugs. She had to have a topic sentence. She decided it should be about how drugs aren't healthy for your body.
So, I asked her what the ill effects of different drugs are.
She said smoking is bad for your lungs and you can't breathe.
She couldn't remember the ill effects of alcohol, so we looked it up.
We found out that alcohol is bad for your liver and if you drink too much, you could die.
When we got to the part about the liver, Elle perked up and said,
"You know how people used to eat each other?"
Blank look from me.
"You, know, way back when. . .Well, if they were eating someone who had too much alcohol, then they would eat a bad liver!"
um. sure. ok.

Although she didn't put it in the paragraph, we can all know never to drink alcohol just in case we become dinner someday--
we wouldn't want to provide a bad liver!
After all, what kind of meal would we be without the liver!
Posted by Picasa

( I have NO idea why she thinks our ancestors used to eat each other.
She said she doesn't remember where she learned it either. Don't worry, we set her straight)

In other news, it is FREAKING HOT here! It's supposed to get up to 97!
It is currently 91!
I think we are actually in Hell and I just missed the memo.

7 comments:

corbeau said...

I love that she was listening to the cookies. That is adorable.

91? Holy cow! Last week it was 85 here, this week it's in the 30s. With no time to acclimate, it feels freaking freezing!

the lunch lady said...

too soon you will be in the frigid north.

I love the elle-isms. I, too, listen for cookies to call my name. But I usually eat them before they get a chance.

Kate said...

you don't know hell. hell is 110 everyday. You can come here, it is a balmy 40-50 degrees lately. bummer, I miss summer.

"she smells like Utah", I'm guessing that maybe I smell like the Harvey house, which is in all a "utah scent". Very funny though, and she is right, I did sleep on the right side of the bed. She probably didn't recognize bill's california scent since she lives there. they must have the same scent.
Okay, I'm done, this is way too long.

Nanette said...

I like your reasoning on the scent thing!
You are right about hell. You lived there. You should know.

Jeanne said...

Elle-isms are my favorite!!

We all laughed good and long!

tiff said...

Okay, A)I can't believe how hot it is for you!

B)Elle is hilarious.

C)Elle is freaking hilarious.

I'm going to have to come back to your blog with Jake so I can read these again and laugh with him. What a cute girl.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you typed that word, doesn't your mom read your blog?! What will she think? hah hah. Well I guess she said it once too.

Just kidding.

Kids crack me up, I love the listening to the cookies, did they beg for mercy?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space